One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stupid, rude, or insignificant person, especially a man.
idiot, ass, halfwit, nincompoop, blockhead, buffoon, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, cretin, imbecile, dullard, moron, simpleton, clodView synonyms
- ‘This is a very healthy situation to be in, not with regard to the bankrupt bunch of bozos who sit over there.’
- ‘He'd probably tell a number of important senators that they were bozos.’
- ‘She could fool the other two bozos anytime, anywhere, but it was this guy who made her wary.’
- ‘That's not even counting all the virus emails I've been receiving from these bozos who don't understand the concept of not opening attached files from people they don't know.’
- ‘‘We're just going to have a bunch of bozos who will do nothing for us at Westminster,’ said one women's campaigner.’
- ‘I wish I had, because my dread about being trapped with cruise-ship bozos would have been replaced by a more accurate dread of being trapped with ocean-liner snobs.’
- ‘We've called him and his ilk everything from thickheaded bozos, to donkeys and pious do-gooders.’
- ‘The journalists will look like bozos if they don't push this.’
- ‘And admittedly once you have to pull out the public policy dictionary on these bozos they've pretty much fought you to a draw in political terms.’
- ‘Anyway, Mr. B. pays these bozos $75 for failing to figure out what's wrong with the machine and takes it home with a promise to call if the problem recurs.’
- ‘Don't expect these bozos to know that, however.’
- ‘If every single pilot in America shows up for work with a nine-millimeter on his belt, are the security bozos really going to shut down the country again?’
- ‘With profits down and teleconferencing getting ever more sophisticated, those business travelers are staying put or buying restricted tickets like the rest of us bozos.’
- ‘How about restoring confidence in the House of Representatives by calling for the resignation of these bozos?’
- ‘This bozo later got a prime spot on the roster, encouraging all his fans to register to vote.’
- ‘What a total bunch of selfish bozos we are in the West.’
- ‘E-mail is a cold and barren medium, but it's efficient, and we don't have to wait for the bozo on the other end to hang up - we just hit escape.’
- ‘Unfortunately, the America's-always-to-blame bozos get all the publicity - and you're giving them more by implying that their moral blindness characterizes the academy as a whole.’
- ‘The best thing to do with these bozos is not to get into back and forth chants with them, but to participate in the festivities themselves and outnumber them.’
- ‘Someday these bozos are going to figure out that it doesn't pay to try to set the CIA up as the fall guys.’
1920s: of unknown origin.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.