One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The tricks behind this are contained in the ‘iSmell’ - a box-like accessory containing scented oils that are activated by signals in adverts and television programmes.’
- ‘We didn't want it to be too box-like, so there are lots of different corners.’
- ‘Its straggle of brightly-coloured box-like houses is dramatically set between steep stark mountains and a sound strewn, even at the height of midsummer, with huge stately icebergs.’
- ‘The computer lab in which I work, housing 10 computers in a small, box-like room, becomes like a sauna, with 30-plus degree temperatures and an unbreathable air supply.’
- ‘In these drawings, and others in which perspectives of box-like structures run off into the distance, transparent watercolour builds up overlapping areas, wash by wash.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.