Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cylindrical wrench with a hexagonal end fitting over the head of a nut, used especially when the nut is difficult to reach.Also called box-end wrench
- ‘With 22 tools, including seven Allen wrenches, three box wrenches, and two tire levers, the Topeak Alien comes equipped for any trail- or curbside repair.’
- ‘One half contains a chain tool with 8-mm hex key built in, 8 -, 9- and 10-mm box wrenches, flathead screwdriver, bottle opener and three spoke wrench sizes.’
- ‘The two-piece detectable halves provide easy access to each tool, while the locking mechanism keeps higher-torque instruments (such as the box wrenches and knife) from folding back under load.’
- ‘I'd probably go with a box wrench there… more knuckle room.’
- ‘Back off the 1 1/16-inch hex nut on the screw with a box wrench and voilà!’
- ‘You'll need a screwdriver, a small box wrench or crescent wrench, or if you have a 1/4 ‘drive socket set that's even better.’’
- ‘You can adjust the rear travel with a 5mm hex wrench and a 10 mm box wrench, but you'll want to adjust the shock's air pressure, too.’
- ‘A flat piece of metal slides away from the body to reveal 7 -, 8 -, 9- and 10-mm box wrenches, a flathead screwdriver and three spoke wrench sizes, and also snaps back into the body to form the handle of the chain tool.’
- ‘You will find scissors, hook sharpener, knife blade, bottle opener, three box wrenches metric and inch scale.’
box wrench/ˈbäks ˌrenCH/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.