One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Block an opponent from an area by the position of one's body.‘Miller neglected to box out his man in the final seconds’
- ‘But in addition to defending the pick-and-roll, Madsen is more adept than Kandi at creating space in the paint by wrangling for inside position and then boxing out.’
- ‘Being a skilled rebounder requires knowing how to properly box out the opponent.’
- ‘But teams with depth and big bodies who can box out are trouble.’
- ‘Instead, it hit the skids because of breakdowns in basic areas: boxing out on the offensive boards, foul shooting, perimeter defense and shot selection.’
- ‘However, Georgetown stunk in those down-to-earth intangibles they used to excel at, such as boxing out, forcing opponents into bad shots, and making the extra dish.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.