One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The tabulated results of a baseball game or other sporting event, with statistics given for each player's performance.
- ‘The box score does not tell you who the player was guarding or when he got his numbers.’
- ‘We woke up yesterday morning and we already had a new box score from the Clippers / Sonics game in Japan.’
- ‘If this is true, could you provide details and a box score of that game?’
- ‘But it's baseball where the box score seems most dramatic.’
- ‘When you click on the game you can review everything from the box score to the player of the game.’
- ‘Could you please tell me if they did, and print a copy of the box score of the game when it first happened?’
- ‘I would appreciate it greatly if you reprinted the box score of that game, played on September 8 or 9.’
- ‘Thank you for explaining to me how to keep score and read a box score.’
- ‘In a recent issue, you printed a box score of a game between the Yankees and White Sox that was played on May 8, 1938.’
- ‘The league keeps track of points scored on fast breaks in its official box score, which we see after games.’
- ‘I am not one of those people who complains that baseball is too slow, but even I couldn't help noticing a box score you recently published of a game between the Indians and White Sox in 1947.’
- ‘And, his skill on the base paths, while not always recorded in the box score, helped the Dodgers win games.’
- ‘You have to go beyond the box score to evaluate a player.’
- ‘The accompanying box score provides you with details of that game, won by the Giants, 6-3, before a crowd of 23, 757 at Ebbbets Field.’
- ‘If possible, could you please print a box score of that game, with its length and attendance?’
- ‘I have the box scores of the doubleheader, but could you please print the box score of that last game in Baker Bowl?’
- ‘I only wish she'd had the space to include the box score from each game.’
- ‘Can you identify the day that game took place and also print the box score?’
- ‘Is it possible for you to give us a box score of the game?’
- ‘I would like to see a box score from the last game of the 1957 season when the Phillies and Brooklyn Dodgers met at Connie Mack Stadium.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.