One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for box girder
- ‘Thirty or so red-painted A-frame ‘ladders’ were scattered around the hall; solid timbers and larger open or closed box beams stretched from the rungs of one ladder to another and sometimes to a third.’
- ‘The primary structure was a box beam, comprising two main beams.’
- ‘Structurally, the essential proposition is simple: a welded and bolted aluminium box beam spans simply from one building to the other; its section changes according to stresses and the geometry of the frames.’
- ‘Constructed by Waagner Biro, the roof comprises a steel lattice of purpose-made steel box beams jointed at six-way nodes supporting 3312 triangular glass panels, each one differing in size and shape to accommodate the complex form.’
- ‘The fine steel lattice is constructed from custom-made steel box beams joined at six-way nodes.’
- ‘Once the walls are completed, a plywood box beam is laid on top to ensure equal distribution of the roof loads and equal compression of the walls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.