A thin, inexpensive razor-blade knife designed to open cardboard boxes.
- ‘I got my hands on the box cutter and straightened back up.’
- ‘They were found with box-cutters, hair dye and $20,000 in cash.’
- ‘She wanted to wipe the sweat from her forehead, but would have to let go of her box cutter to do it.’
- ‘Educated, well-off young men, with degrees and laptops, imagine that their box-cutters are the equivalent of seventh-century swords.’
- ‘Passengers are no longer able to bring box-cutters onto their flights.’
- ‘In a world of asymmetrical warfare, where terrorists can wreak havoc with simple sticks of dynamite and box-cutter knives, skeptics question the logic of pouring billions into a high-tech global missile shield.’
- ‘Peter sighed, and pulled from his pocket a box-cutter.’