Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1An act of defecation.
- ‘This page tells you about the bowel and how factors such as diet and medication can affect your bowel movements.’
- ‘There are, however, several signs that a bowel movement is abnormal and should be discussed with a physician.’
- ‘Although changes in frequency of bowel movements and looseness of stools can vary independently of each other, changes usually occur in both.’
- ‘Straining during a bowel movement increases pressure on the veins around the anus and can lead to hemorrhoids.’
- ‘Many people think that normal means having one bowel movement every day, but that's not always true.’
- 1.1 The feces discharged in an act of defecation.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.