One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bow-shaped radar signature associated with fast-moving storm systems accompanied by damaging winds.
- ‘Derechos are typically associated with a long lived bow echo or a series of bow echoes.’
- ‘Several reports of downed trees and power lines near Altha, and structural damage at Blountstown, Florida were received as the bow echo tracked across Calhoun County.’
- ‘This Doppler radar image collected by the National Weather Service on the evening of June 11, 2001, shows a strong bow echo moving southeast across Wisconsin.’
- ‘I have seen them move 60 to 70 mph before… especially bow echos that produce extreme wind damage.’
- ‘They are associated with regions of very heavy rains and often spawn squall lines, bow echos and derechos.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.