One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Climbing on large boulders, either for practice or as a sport in its own right.
- ‘I don't think this town even has bouldering cages.’
- ‘As far as Smith is concerned, bouldering is the purest form of climbing.’
- ‘At first sight you may mistake bouldering for cliff climbing.’
- ‘Every few weeks, try an alternative to your routine: flexibility training, a massage, a hike, a mellow ride, an easy swim, or light bouldering.’
- ‘From bouldering to leading, I'll teach you the basics.’
- ‘Slippers and shoes with velcro closures are fast and easy to get on and off, which makes them a good choice for bouldering and climbing in the gym (when you constantly taking your shoes off and putting them back on).’
- ‘Now you've got a taste for climbing by developing your bouldering skills, it's time to start the ‘real’ work.’
- ‘Personally I like a slipper or velcro closure because I spend most of my gym time bouldering or belaying.’
- ‘Since there are no ropes in bouldering, climbing high is not an option.’
- ‘I believe there are correct shoes for different types of bouldering problems and routes.’
- ‘On September 29th, 1981 he takes me bouldering to a place just outside of town.’
- ‘Thousands of bouldering areas have cropped up worldwide.’
- ‘Even though bouldering can be practised alone you shouldn't underestimate the importance of an experienced climbing partner.’
- ‘A great way to get the ‘feel’ of the climbing wall is bouldering.’
- ‘Warm up with at least 20 minutes of light bouldering or climbing.’
- ‘‘One of the problems with indoor climbing and bouldering walls is that there are so many holds it's easy to lose focus,’ says Lewis.’
- ‘The better part of that summer was spent in that same spot bouldering, hiking, and getting to know the Rangers in my new favorite place.’
- ‘Some were climbing, some were bouldering, and some were belaying, but all of them were making the best of the situation and had turned their backs to the sea.’
- ‘While Watkins prefers to strengthen her fingers by climbing indoors and bouldering, occasionally she does weight training for her digits, too.’
- ‘Though Phil's love of traditional climbing is obvious in everything he does, he also enjoys clipping bolts and bouldering.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.