Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Feed (a baby) with milk from a bottle instead of from the mother's breast.‘a bottle-fed baby’
give food to, provide food for, provide for, cater for, prepare food for, cook for, make a meal for, wine and dineView synonyms
- ‘A lot of patients wonder about allergies, so you could try changing his feed if he's bottle-fed.’
- ‘Parents who bottle-feed their babies may want to try a different formula.’
- ‘And practice bottle-feeding with your baby before you go back to work to smooth the transition from the breast and make it easier for a caregiver to feed him.’
- ‘If the infant is bottle-fed, the mother should hold the infant when feeding, and the bottle should not be propped or placed in bed.’
- ‘Along with four half-hour feeding sessions a day, the cubs are being bottle-fed and zoo veterinarians are confident they'll survive the unusual tiger rearing.’
- ‘And you know, combine breast - feeding and bottle-feeding in any way that's going to work for you without feeling guilty.’
- ‘He wasn't about to let Pearl show him up with the bottle-feeding though.’
- ‘We of course then follow with the bottle feeding like you mentioned.’
- ‘Most bottle-fed infants should be able to get their daily requirements of vitamin D from formula, because all infant formulas sold in the United States contain a sufficient amount of vitamin D.’
- ‘If your baby is bottle-fed, follow the same process, i.e., interrupt feeding and make your baby burp at least twice or thrice while feeding.’
- ‘For example, children are lectured on electrification, automotive mechanics, typing, using a sewing machine, and bottle-feeding their babies.’
- ‘Infants receiving phototherapy may continue to be breast-fed or bottle-fed by their mothers.’
- ‘Diana was surprised when doctors asked her whether she would be breast- or bottle-feeding her new baby.’
- ‘According to Emerling, breast-fed babies and bottle-fed babies grow differently.’
- ‘But most of the girls I know have chosen to bottle-feed their babies and I don't think there was ever really any decision in it for them.’
- ‘Most babies are bottle-fed, but some mothers still breast-feed their babies until the first teeth appear.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.