One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A round, two-layer cake that is filled with custard or cream and frosted, usually with chocolate.
- ‘The traditional Boston cream pie uses sponge cake as the base; unfortunately, it uses a lot of egg yolks.’
- ‘You cannot eat Boston cream pie as your main course and then have lettuce for desert and claim you are on a diet!’
- ‘The official dessert or dessert emblem is the Boston cream pie, while the official cookie is the chocolate chip cookie.’
- ‘The FDA assigns a smaller serving to Boston cream pie because—like eclairs, cream puffs, and cupcakes—it's a ‘medium weight cake.’’
- ‘But when Yoplait introduced a lowfat yogurt that claimed to capture the taste of a Boston cream pie, I simply had to check it out.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.