One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Puerto Rican, especially one living in the United States.
- ‘The mission of the Center for Chicano-Boricua Studies (CBS) is to transform the University, and ultimately society, by providing equitable access to a quality university education to students interested in Latin American issues and culture, and to enhance the environment of diversity on the campus.’
- ‘I became the Invisible Taino Indian or the invisible Boricua.’
- ‘So I'm a Boricua from Spanish Harlem, NY.’
- ‘It was presented in collaboration with the Boricua Festival Committee.’
- ‘Puerto Ricans often proudly identify themselves as Boricua, from the Taíno word Boriken, to illustrate their recognition of their Taíno heritage.’
- ‘And this year's theme was, "Boricuas… We count, we vote!"’
- ‘During my time on the road I am finding that Boricuas create their own experience in whatever surroundings they find themselves in.’
- ‘This page is dedicated to all "Boricuas" no matter where you find yourselves, and no matter where you were "born."’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.