One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Puerto Rican, especially one living in the United States.
- ‘The mission of the Center for Chicano-Boricua Studies (CBS) is to transform the University, and ultimately society, by providing equitable access to a quality university education to students interested in Latin American issues and culture, and to enhance the environment of diversity on the campus.’
- ‘This page is dedicated to all "Boricuas" no matter where you find yourselves, and no matter where you were "born."’
- ‘Puerto Ricans often proudly identify themselves as Boricua, from the Taíno word Boriken, to illustrate their recognition of their Taíno heritage.’
- ‘So I'm a Boricua from Spanish Harlem, NY.’
- ‘It was presented in collaboration with the Boricua Festival Committee.’
- ‘During my time on the road I am finding that Boricuas create their own experience in whatever surroundings they find themselves in.’
- ‘And this year's theme was, "Boricuas… We count, we vote!"’
- ‘I became the Invisible Taino Indian or the invisible Boricua.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.