One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for line dancing
- ‘Polish up your western boots, slam on a cowboy hat and head to Oxford Street West for our first singing/shopping/boot-scooting festival.’
- ‘They are a bunch of line-dancing, boot-scooting bullies with narrow minds towards today's music!’
- ‘They manage to generate a fair amount of redneckish swing at times (even prompting one boot-scooting lassie to shimmy up onto the floor and raise some eyebrows), but one major complaint is this: these guys are older blokes.’
- ‘A solid oak floor makes for good boot-scooting to the country music played by a DJ.’
- ‘These four ranch getaways are ideal for boot-scooting, horseback-riding, cattle-wrangling, hay-baling, body-toning fun.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.