One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Giving me exposure, a whole new perspective, equipped me for life, changed my value system, made me look at life realistically, not bookishly.’
- ‘Now and then, it's nice to think that they will go for something a little less formal and bookishly precise.’
- ‘Lorenzo is a bookishly handsome, well-dressed professional with style, grace, and sex appeal.’
- ‘I think I must have been a bit too obvious with my slackjawed staring, because soon, the bookishly handsome professor was staring straight back out at me, with a look of bemusement.’
- ‘His parents were, their son wrote, ‘both fond of reading’; so they resolved to give bookishly inclined John a good education.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.