One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A set of shelves for books set in a surrounding frame or cabinet.
- ‘Disappointed and confused, Rubar tossed the book back into the bookcase.’
- ‘The familiar shelves and looming bookcases of the library surrounded her.’
- ‘There was what appeared to be a desk, chair, filing cabinet, and bookcase.’
- ‘Now, the occult book section is several bookcases long and practically eats up a corner of the store.’
- ‘This area would make an ideal reading or relaxation spot, as there is room to fit a set of bookcases and a sofa.’
- ‘The walls were covered with ceiling high wooden bookcases filled with books.’
- ‘As I was searching through my bookcase for poetry books to see if I can glean some ideas another book toppled off the shelf.’
- ‘He had preserved them carefully in an old house, housing the books in 180 bookcases that went from floor to ceiling.’
- ‘The rear wall was lined with huge bookcases and the mammoth desk and chair before it were cleared completely.’
- ‘These bulky albums are now spread across bookcases, cupboards, trunks, and attics.’
- ‘We chuckled together as she stood and reached up to the top shelf of a grand bookcase in the corner.’
- ‘There were bookcases and shelves stretching across the other wall, and a massive stained old map of the old world.’
- ‘At the bookcase he opened the drawer and found it was filled with junk.’
- ‘If possible, there should also be shelves on family bookcases that they can also browse.’
- ‘But don't worry, on inquiry we discovered that the bookcases cannot be opened.’
- ‘The other wall was entirely taken up with a floor-to-ceiling bookcase full of books.’
- ‘Along the walls are bookcases filled with books he never knew existed.’
- ‘There are two leather black couches, lots of bookcases full with files, maps, books.’
- ‘She moved her head left and saw bookcases full of old books and she turned her head the other way and she saw the same thing.’
- ‘Many a gentleman and aristocrat have sat in the centre of these four walls and have filled their minds with information from the books on the bookcases.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.