One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to express joy, especially over a well-played or victorious moment in sports.
- ‘As they say on my favorite TV show, Boo-yah!’
- ‘The only thing I can add to the experience is to thump the desk and shout "boo-yah!".’
- ‘The "pros" in the movie were really lame and said "boo-yah" every chance they got.’
- ‘"Booyah," I said, and got on my way.’
- ‘Its even cooler because we get an entire month off...booyah!’
- ‘If you see anybody from the school, tell them I said, "Boo Yah!"’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.