Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A silvery game fish of warm coastal waters.Also called ladyfish
- ‘The tide had dropped off the flats and with it, the bonefish had moved into deeper water, invisible to the naked eye.’
- ‘Trout fishing on rivers is very easy compared with the bonefish.’
- ‘For the next hour or so we moved slowly along the mangroves seeing the odd bonefish, barracuda and shark.’
- ‘The bonefish are right over there, a silvery school materializing out of the greener water to graze the shrimpy mud of the flat.’
- ‘‘Beautiful’ just doesn't do justice to the lightning bolt that is a bonefish.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.