One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A silvery game fish of warm coastal waters.
Family Albulidae and genus Albula: several species, in particular A. vulpesAlso called ladyfish
- ‘For the next hour or so we moved slowly along the mangroves seeing the odd bonefish, barracuda and shark.’
- ‘The bonefish are right over there, a silvery school materializing out of the greener water to graze the shrimpy mud of the flat.’
- ‘Trout fishing on rivers is very easy compared with the bonefish.’
- ‘The tide had dropped off the flats and with it, the bonefish had moved into deeper water, invisible to the naked eye.’
- ‘‘Beautiful’ just doesn't do justice to the lightning bolt that is a bonefish.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.