Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Osteoarthritis of the hock in horses, which may cause swelling and lameness.→ spavin
- ‘Although bone spavin usually causes lameness, this may be obscured if the lesions are bilateral.’
- ‘X-rays will be needed to distinguish whether it is a bone spavin or blind spavin.’
- ‘My vet has recommended I use it on a horse with bone spavins.’
- ‘When bone spavin in your horse gets very bad many of the small bones in the joint start to get very damaged and extra bone formation occurs around their edges.’
- ‘The causes and effects are the same as in bone spavin, and it should be treated in the same way.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.