Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A slave girl.
- ‘To clarify the case of the designated bondmaid, it is helpful to reference Tractate Yevamoth, found here.’
- ‘The bondmaids of Torvaldsland do not wear silks of any kind but kirtles of white wool.’
- ‘All menial tasks like cleaning in temples and private households were undertaken by bondmaids whose position was not high in the society.’
- ‘Choyin relishes the hold she has over the other bondmaids, and grows to use her authority to serve her own personal vendetta against Han.’
- ‘It's the story of a poor 4 year old Chinese girl sold as a bondmaid into a wealthy family.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.