One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A short jacket similar to a flight jacket, but with a thick lining typically of sheepskin.
- ‘Hulme, dressed in a striped pullover and jeans and Maguire who was wearing a bomber jacket and white t-shirt, were flanked in the dock by two police officers.’
- ‘She then went ahead and straightened Calida's grey pleated skirt; put a grey ribbon in her hair and zipped up her grey bomber jacket.’
- ‘The vicar was wearing a leather bomber jacket, which I found slightly incongruous given his profession.’
- ‘On the night of the attack - at 7.15 pm on November 17 - the man was wearing a white bomber jacket with blue sleeves.’
- ‘He wore a baseball cap, a black bomber jacket and jeans.’
- ‘He was dressed casually in a leather bomber jacket and jeans.’
- ‘But there could be hidden treasures, like a perfectly washed-out Levi's jean jacket or Top Gun-style bomber jacket, just waiting to be worn.’
- ‘The bomber jacket is a popular style this season; waist length with a zipper.’
- ‘The taller of the two girls wore a lot of sky blue eye liner and a black bomber jacket.’
- ‘Recently I was looking through some old photos and came across a picture of myself attired in a black bomber jacket, jeans and my Doc Martin boots.’
- ‘I put on my brown bomber jacket and my white beanie with the visor on the front.’
- ‘He had seen Carl before she did, waiting for her on the front steps, hands tucked inside his bomber jacket.’
- ‘The gunman, who wore a balaclava and a black bomber jacket, ran out of the house and fled the area, initially on foot.’
- ‘The man in this incident is described as white, with short, light hair and wearing a dark bomber jacket and dark trousers.’
- ‘They are described as two white 18-year-olds 6ft 1in tall, one of them wearing a black bomber jacket and the other a white jacket.’
- ‘The black man is of slim to average build with short hair and was wearing a blue bomber jacket.’
- ‘Suiting the autumn - winter trend, she has a fine wool hoodie, bomber jacket and a duffle coat.’
- ‘Her leather bomber jacket hung from the back of a chair.’
- ‘As long as he wears the bomber jacket I'll be happy.’
- ‘There was Bomber Steve, so called because he always wore a bomber jacket.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.