One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large smoked, seasoned sausage made of various meats, especially beef and pork.
- ‘In other words, opt for roast turkey, beef and ham over heavily processed, high-fat, high-calorie meats like salami and bologna.’
- ‘For most people, that's about two ounces of lunch meats, or two slices of ordinary bologna.’
- ‘It consisted of a slab of bologna smeared with Hellman's mayonnaise, rolled into a thin cigar shape, and eaten out of hand.’
- ‘Julian shook himself mentally and gratefully took the sandwich, salami and bologna with a little bit of mustard, and chips.’
- ‘That's when hunters from Maine to the Carolinas make the pilgrimage to the store to have their kill turned into ham, sausage, and bologna.’
- ‘Residents have complained that the coyotes are getting too close for comfort, possibly attracted by a few neighbors setting out bologna to feed the animals.’
- ‘Absentmindedly rolling a piece of bologna into a tube before biting into it, I hoped dejectedly that that wasn't what my dealing with Andrew was coming to.’
- ‘Peter was busily mixing bologna and Fritos in his sandwich when he scanned the area, finally raising his eyebrows and shaking his head at something behind me.’
- ‘All the kids would sneak back into the kitchen after the adults were asleep and make crazy sandwiches like peanut butter and bologna.’
- ‘My step-father will get tired of sharing his bologna and convince my mother to throw us out into the street.’
- ‘I may know that a person will choose steak over bologna though I in no way influenced their choice.’
- ‘I don't like bologna or hot dogs, but I seriously doubt I'd have to worry about that here.’
- ‘These include sausage, bologna, salami and hot dogs.’
- ‘She lifted the white bread off of her sandwich and looked at the bologna and the slice of American cheese.’
- ‘Before I leave his house today I'm using every single slice of bologna in the refrigerator to draw a gigantic round smiley face on his clean sheets.’
- ‘The hot dog was skinny and tasted like warm bologna.’
- ‘When we want her to look really excited we'll put another dog with her so there's competition for the bologna.’
- ‘She throws the bologna at me, sending the package flying several inches past my left ear.’
- ‘Limit intake of salty, processed, or smoked meats and fish, such as bologna, ham, sausage, lunch meats, anchovies, caviar, or smoked salmon.’
- ‘When we read ‘meat meal’ on pet food labels we might assume that it's similar to ingredients found in bologna, hot dogs or sausage.’
A city in northern Italy, northeast of Florence; population 374,944 (2008). Its university, which dates from the 11th century, is the oldest in Europe.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.