One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A theory of the structure of atoms stating that electrons revolve in discrete orbits around a positively charged nucleus and that radiation is given off or absorbed only when an electron moves from one orbit to another.
- ‘The solutions of the theory's wave equation for hydrogen match exactly the predictions of the Bohr theory.’
- ‘The Bohr theory was a marvellous success in explaining the spectrum of the hydrogen atom.’
- ‘It then had a major impact on having quantum theory and the Bohr theory of the atom accepted by the British scientific community.’
- ‘Along with this excellent agreement with observation, the Bohr theory has an appealing aesthetic feature.’
- ‘At first some refinements to the Bohr theory seemed to account for such results, but their brightness could not be accounted for.’
Named for Danish physicist Niels Bohr (see Bohr, Niels).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.