One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A theory of the structure of atoms stating that electrons revolve in discrete orbits around a positively charged nucleus and that radiation is given off or absorbed only when an electron moves from one orbit to another.
- ‘At first some refinements to the Bohr theory seemed to account for such results, but their brightness could not be accounted for.’
- ‘Along with this excellent agreement with observation, the Bohr theory has an appealing aesthetic feature.’
- ‘The solutions of the theory's wave equation for hydrogen match exactly the predictions of the Bohr theory.’
- ‘It then had a major impact on having quantum theory and the Bohr theory of the atom accepted by the British scientific community.’
- ‘The Bohr theory was a marvellous success in explaining the spectrum of the hydrogen atom.’
Named for Danish physicist Niels Bohr (see Bohr, Niels).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.