One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A yellow-flowered marsh plant of the lily family.
- ‘In the wet pools grow bog bean, marsh lousewort and bog asphodel.’
- ‘Mountain blanket bog also contains many of the species found in raised and Atlantic blanket bog types such as cross-leaved heath, ling heather, bog asphodel, bog cotton and deer sedge.’
- ‘If more people could experience the beauty of a Pine Barrens gentian or bog asphodel in bloom, there would be a lot more support for these disappearing species.’
- ‘This area tends to be wet underfoot, and the path can be rather boggy, and the change is reflected in the vegetation as cross-leaved heath proliferates, with hundreds of spikes of bog asphodel peppering it.’
- ‘This oasis of marshland is the home of many interesting plants, including pink and pale purple garlic, bog asphodels, irises, reeds and waterlilies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.