One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A packaged set of decorations and fittings for customizing a car or motorcycle body.
- ‘A bodykit underlines the intentions of BMW's high-performance team in developing the 4.8is, as it is aimed at improving aerodynamic stability at high speeds.’
- ‘The car was accentuated by a sports bodykit which consisted of front and rear spoilers, side skirts, chrome trim and a rear bootlid spoiler.’
- ‘It very much looks the part, with a neat bodykit that manages to impress without over going over the top.’
- ‘ADT is an alloy wheel and bodykit retailing business which imports and customises vehicles to its clients' specifications.’
- ‘This car might look like a 1 Series with a lairy bodykit, but those Merzig numberplates are a dead giveaway for the tuning connoisseur.’
- ‘So the decision to clamp on a MaxPower-style bodykit and rip out that beautiful interior and replace it with some silvery bits is just unspeakable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.