One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A packaged set of decorations and fittings for customizing a car or motorcycle body.
- ‘So the decision to clamp on a MaxPower-style bodykit and rip out that beautiful interior and replace it with some silvery bits is just unspeakable.’
- ‘It very much looks the part, with a neat bodykit that manages to impress without over going over the top.’
- ‘ADT is an alloy wheel and bodykit retailing business which imports and customises vehicles to its clients' specifications.’
- ‘A bodykit underlines the intentions of BMW's high-performance team in developing the 4.8is, as it is aimed at improving aerodynamic stability at high speeds.’
- ‘This car might look like a 1 Series with a lairy bodykit, but those Merzig numberplates are a dead giveaway for the tuning connoisseur.’
- ‘The car was accentuated by a sports bodykit which consisted of front and rear spoilers, side skirts, chrome trim and a rear bootlid spoiler.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.