Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A sport involving strenuous physical exercise in order to strengthen and enlarge the muscles of the body.‘he developed a keen interest in bodybuilding’as modifier ‘a bodybuilding contest’
- ‘Within the bodybuilding world, everybody's got a different ideal of how they want their physique to look.’
- ‘I do bodybuilding for myself, to make myself happy.’
- ‘In the majority of traditional bodybuilding exercises, your muscles can lower more poundage than they can raise.’
- ‘Milk contains whey, the most common form of protein found in bodybuilding supplements.’
- ‘To me, the posing activity of bodybuilding seems very much a parody.’
- ‘Certainly aesthetic decisions about bodybuilding are the very basis around which competitions are framed.’
- ‘Eventually he went on to compete in national bodybuilding competitions.’
- ‘I watched a friend of mine train for bodybuilding.’
- ‘Instead of their show about the nature of love, they nearly made a musical about bodybuilding.’
- ‘You won't want to miss this bodybuilding and fitness extravaganza!’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.