One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of beauty treatment involving the application of skin-cleansing ingredients to the body, which is then wrapped in hot towels.
- ‘The highlight of the day was the dark chocolate body wrap.’
- ‘In the private treatment rooms you can enjoy a massage, body scrub, body wrap or reflexology session.’
- ‘Match your Austrian adventure in the spa with a moor mud soak in the hydrotherapy tub or with a peat body wrap followed with a sauna treatment.’
- ‘Visitors to the health farm can avail of treatments such as an aromatherapy and Swedish massage, a detox body wrap, a seaweed wrap, aqua detox, an ozone bath, a facial or a pedicure.’
- ‘Body suits, body wraps or any methods that promote profuse sweating do not lead to increased fat loss.’
- ‘Hopper's specialties are the body wraps, pedicures and oxygen facials.’
- ‘For total self-indulgence, the resort has a 55-foot yacht that sails off into the ocean for two hours of body wraps and massage.’
- ‘In the 19th century Britain's health spas were at the forefront of a booming European industry and boasted a variety of body wraps, such as peat, clay or mineral salts.’
- ‘At the spa you can do everything, from a relaxing Swedish massage to a moor-mud body wrap.’
- ‘She hit the spa first, and had a facial, pedicure, and a body wrap.’
- ‘The Oscar-winning actress booked herself in for a range of treatments including a seaweed body wrap while staying at London's exclusive Dorchester hotel.’
- ‘There are three new treatments using a combination of ingredients including the flower power massage, dragon fruit scrub and an organic body wrap.’
- ‘I'm telling you - that avocado seaweed moisturizing body wrap will make you feel like a new man!’
- ‘For those who fancy pampering there are facials, body wraps, mud baths, massages, leg waxes and pedicures to be had.’
- ‘This thought came to me while I was in a spa, trying out a herbal body wrap that promised to help me shed a few pounds.’
- ‘If you've never tried a seaweed detox body wrap, I can highly recommend it!’
- ‘You need to remember that the body wrap is a firming and toning process that produces results by detoxifying and contouring flesh.’
- ‘Treatments will range from Swedish relaxation massages to alpine salt body wraps.’
- ‘For instance, if you are playing up the Asian arts, you may want to theme your spa around Asian-styled treatments like bamboo body wraps and Asian forms of massage.’
- ‘They offer mineral-rich mud to apply as body wraps which purify the blood and loosen up the joints.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.