One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of beauty treatment involving the application of skin-cleansing ingredients to the body, which is then wrapped in hot towels.
- ‘I'm telling you - that avocado seaweed moisturizing body wrap will make you feel like a new man!’
- ‘They offer mineral-rich mud to apply as body wraps which purify the blood and loosen up the joints.’
- ‘Hopper's specialties are the body wraps, pedicures and oxygen facials.’
- ‘Visitors to the health farm can avail of treatments such as an aromatherapy and Swedish massage, a detox body wrap, a seaweed wrap, aqua detox, an ozone bath, a facial or a pedicure.’
- ‘The Oscar-winning actress booked herself in for a range of treatments including a seaweed body wrap while staying at London's exclusive Dorchester hotel.’
- ‘You need to remember that the body wrap is a firming and toning process that produces results by detoxifying and contouring flesh.’
- ‘There are three new treatments using a combination of ingredients including the flower power massage, dragon fruit scrub and an organic body wrap.’
- ‘The highlight of the day was the dark chocolate body wrap.’
- ‘For total self-indulgence, the resort has a 55-foot yacht that sails off into the ocean for two hours of body wraps and massage.’
- ‘Body suits, body wraps or any methods that promote profuse sweating do not lead to increased fat loss.’
- ‘In the 19th century Britain's health spas were at the forefront of a booming European industry and boasted a variety of body wraps, such as peat, clay or mineral salts.’
- ‘This thought came to me while I was in a spa, trying out a herbal body wrap that promised to help me shed a few pounds.’
- ‘She hit the spa first, and had a facial, pedicure, and a body wrap.’
- ‘For instance, if you are playing up the Asian arts, you may want to theme your spa around Asian-styled treatments like bamboo body wraps and Asian forms of massage.’
- ‘If you've never tried a seaweed detox body wrap, I can highly recommend it!’
- ‘At the spa you can do everything, from a relaxing Swedish massage to a moor-mud body wrap.’
- ‘Match your Austrian adventure in the spa with a moor mud soak in the hydrotherapy tub or with a peat body wrap followed with a sauna treatment.’
- ‘In the private treatment rooms you can enjoy a massage, body scrub, body wrap or reflexology session.’
- ‘Treatments will range from Swedish relaxation massages to alpine salt body wraps.’
- ‘For those who fancy pampering there are facials, body wraps, mud baths, massages, leg waxes and pedicures to be had.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.