One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
See body fascism
- ‘He was not a body fascist; his couture line featured a wraparound design that meant it could accommodate size fluctuations.’
- ‘I need a caftan and a large hat to shield me from the body fascists by the pool.’
- ‘They are a nation of supremely beautiful, beach-dwelling body fascists.’
- ‘The show aimed to debunk body-fascist myths of perfection perpetuated by the fashion, beauty and advertising industries.’
- ‘Telling women to look like her was just as body fascist as telling them to get stick thin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.