One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A list or total of casualties.
- ‘The body count keeps rising even as his killers move further away from the bodies.’
- ‘The body count from the war-exacerbated Afghan famine will exceed the Dresden total and may be as high as Hiroshima and Nagasaki.’
- ‘You know there's a lot of speculations and I'm not about to do a body count on this side.’
- ‘Yet, you see this videotape and you see the dead bodies now and you're hearing about the body count and the devastation.’
- ‘If meth is really the most dangerous drug, you'd think the magazine would have provided some sort of body count.’
- ‘There is a body count, and then a second, before the prisoners are allowed to sleep.’
- ‘Is it your expectation that we're going to see a significant body count as a result of this operation?’
- ‘If the body count goes down in Iraq, that will obviously come back to help him.’
- ‘Military culture still celebrates the soldier who racks up a high body count.’
- ‘This means that on the numbers, on body count, we're winning.’
- ‘It all leads to some outstanding blood and gore effects along with a satisfying body count.’
- ‘Now, while the public awaits those charges, the body count from job losses mount.’
- ‘Many a man is the Macbeth of his own little world, and the measurement of evil is not the same as a body count.’
- ‘The body count continued to rise as the infiltration team became a wave of efficiency, killing anything that got in their way.’
- ‘On the one hand, it's nice not to have the press obsessively measuring American success or failure in terms of the body count.’
- ‘In terms of body count in Iraq this is true, though the man had a big head start on us, so we ought to be allowed a couple of decades to catch up.’
- ‘If they had acted like a government the body count would be less.’
- ‘As the body count continues to grow, it would appear that there is no immediate end in sight.’
- ‘She had had more than a few close calls, but as yet, her parents remained the only two on the list of her body count.’
- ‘Actually, within the first few minutes the body count is already close to five.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.