One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Involving every aspect of a person; completely.‘the company owned them body and soul’
completely, entirely, totally, utterly, fully, thoroughly, wholeheartedly, unconditionally, unrestrictedly, one hundred per cent, in all respects, to the hilt, all the wayView synonyms
- ‘Be it a pilgrimage or just a sightseeing trip, travelling to a new environ is sure to refresh one's mind, body and soul.’
- ‘It is the time when everyone likes to unleash the child in them who loves to splash in puddles or just sit back and allow the tiny drops of rain sooth his body and soul.’
- ‘The carnage and corruption of boxing harm body and soul.’
- ‘It was desperate and helpless and came from somewhere deep inside her in huge loud sobs that racked her entire body and soul.’
- ‘Committed body and soul to the role, he finds all the humble humanity of Braddock.’
- ‘They were the happiest years, through and through my whole body and soul.’
- ‘I will never fear for my daughter at street corners, because the song has infected her, body and soul.’
- ‘Right now, he's wasting no time in preparing body and soul for what could be the biggest fight of his life - an attempt to return to the glory days of Death Row.’
- ‘Ruth Barrett's Aerobic Praise class takes place at Toothill Church and promises to literally provide a workout for the body and soul.’
- ‘Vocal Liam Hayton put body and soul into the rearguard action but Harrogate stretched ahead with a converted try after a catalogue of errors in defence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.