Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting a very tight-fitting style of clothing.‘the approaching season is all about big earrings and body-con dresses’
- ‘This figure hugging Italian jersey dress is perfect for this season's 'body-con' trend and is available in a whole host of colours.’
- ‘This 'Body-Con Special' contains underwear suggestions, sculpting necessities and tips from those in-the-know.’
- ‘Tight "body-con" dresses, super mini skirts and permed hair were all the rage.’
- ‘Devoid of make-up rather than trussed up in the body-con dresses she tends to favour, she appears as the genuinely pretty girl she is.’
- ‘Physical challenges, outside your comfy-on-the-couch zone, give you a sense of accomplishment and girl-powerness that simply can't be emulated by wearing a body-con dress.’
1990s: shortening of body-conscious.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.