One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Small balls of mozzarella cheese.
- ‘I sampled the caprese salad with marinated tomatoes and bocconcini and the artichoke caprese salad with marinated roasted red peppers, artichokes and bocconcini.’
- ‘Add the mozzarella, bocconcini, tomato and cracked pepper to the pizza.’
- ‘There's a wide range of slab pizzas, with toppings like bocconcini, spicy calabrese, onions and cheese, fresh tomatoes, rapini and the all-dressed Motta special.’
- ‘To start, we ordered the bold-sounding octopus and bocconcini salad as well as a scallop antipasto.’
- ‘By the age of eight, Donna had mastered Steak Diane, although today, she is more likely to serve steak pan-seared, thinly sliced, tossed with basil, bocconcini, chives, and a tangy mustard dressing.’
- ‘The prosciutto, bocconcini and tomato combo was milder.’
- ‘The cabo was a warm casserole-style dish of thin layers of eggplant and sliced tomatoes, topped with melted bocconcini cheese.’
- ‘Creamy cones of havarti strike a balance with these salt-and-vinegar stars, as do mild bocconcini, sun-dried tomatoes wrapped in grilled zucchini and (the only disappointment) dry and old-tasting grilled eggplant.’
- ‘Nestled in terra cotta, thick, gutsy prosciutto barely girdles hunks of luxuriantly gooey mozzarella bocconcini that have been roasted into a delicious taffy, the perfect bonbon to chomp on during a film by the Taviani brothers.’
- ‘Both come with rice, a fresh tomato, cucumber and bocconcini salad, guacamole, and a handful of corn chips.’
- ‘Traditional Caprese salad has sweet, fresh bocconcini cheese, perfectly ripe tomatoes and pungent fresh basil.’
- ‘The sandwiches cost $4, and you can choose from veggie pâté, chèvre, Swiss cheese, grilled tofu or bocconcini.’
- ‘In fact, it should not recommend either, since the spicy salami, bocconcini and tomato panino is too stingy on fillings.’
- ‘It was a warm day, so we passed on the squash bisque and instead ordered spicy shrimp tempura with a remoulade sauce and baby salad greens with bocconcini in a raspberry vinaigrette.’
- ‘In addition to several bar favourites including nachos and wings, Ennio's offers deep-fried bocconcini and several tempting seafood dishes, including mussels, escargots and mushrooms stuffed with crab, lobster and shrimp.’
- ‘The first taste was of the bruschetta - tomato and garlic in perfect harmony, made even better by pieces of artichoke, olives and creamy bocconcini slices.’
- ‘Place the remaining olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a bowl, mix together well and then drizzle over the bocconcini.’
- ‘Bocconcini (baby buffalo mozzarella) is available from good delicatessens and many large food stores.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.