One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Riding in a bobsled, especially as a winter sport.
- ‘If you can imagine, in bobsledding he is referred to as the ‘smaller guy,’ yet in skeleton where his size is definitely recognized, weight can have its advantages and its disadvantages.’
- ‘For example, bobsledding involves extremely high specific forces, with the team experiencing forces equivalent to five times the acceleration due to gravity for up to 2 seconds at a time.’
- ‘She then turned to bobsledding, where she failed another drug test in 2002.’
- ‘The switch to bobsledding paid off when Schuffenhauer earned a spot on the U.S. team for 2002’
- ‘When you first start bobsledding, it's almost like a wrestling match.’
- ‘In the winter, there's skiing, snowboarding, figure skating, bobsledding, etc.’
- ‘When he was injured in an horrific bobsledding accident in Italy in 1991, the former national decathlon champion lost his career, some of his faculties and a few of his friends.’
- ‘The country's Alpine peaks provide a setting for skiing, bobsledding, tobogganing, mountain walking, and climbing.’
- ‘Hays is one of the fiercest competitors around, but he doesn't let the get in the way of his bobsledding.’
- ‘VONETTA FLOWERS helped her two-woman bobsledding team snag first place at the Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, becoming the first Black person ever to strike gold at the Winter Games.’
- ‘Mazzi was the brakeman for the USA world bobsledding team that won the four-man national bobsledding championship at Lake Placid.’
- ‘The Salt Lake Organizing Committee must test its venues before the Games arrive, so more than a dozen events - from bobsledding and figure skating to freestyle aerobatics and downhill racing - are scheduled.’
- ‘With an eye toward the 2006 Olympic Games in Turin, Italy, Chelios wants to become a bobsledding brakeman - for Greece.’
- ‘From Zen koans to aural meditation, bobsledding to journaling, rolfing to silence to building a tree house, the many reality escapes are described in a fun, playful, familiar manner.’
- ‘After retiring from athletics, Moses flirted, incongruously, with bobsledding.’
- ‘All sixteen of these people had interests that were typical of males, such as hunting, ice hockey, karate, and bobsledding.’
- ‘She's apparently got all kinds of plans lined up, like mountain journeys, bobsledding, and other such adventures.’
- ‘What's unique about the sport of bobsledding is you can take a great athlete and make him a good bobsledder.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.