One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This is why the children of the middle-class intelligentsia are the ones you see at playgroup in the hand-me-down jeans and the bobbly, seen-better-days cardigans.’
- ‘They just don't have the equipment for it, unless those bobbly bits have some function they've never told us about.’
- ‘I hate hairy cushion covers even more than I hate bobbly sheets.’
- ‘It's lost its grass, it's dried out, and it's becoming very uneven and very bobbly.’
- ‘But it may fit the bill as far as timeless ‘paradise’ goes: coral-fringed islands of bobbly green rainforest with tall, slender coconut palms arching through.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.