One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place for launching a boat; a slip.‘there is a concrete boat launch near the southern end of the lake’
- ‘They paddled about 4 miles to the South Windsor town boat launch for a rest stop.’
- ‘It's the only public (free) boat launch left in the city.’
- ‘The lighthouse is located in a Michigan State Park and the site includes a public boat launch.’
- ‘The first section of the leg was a gravel road about 8 K to the boat launch along the Smoky River.’
- ‘The community rallied around to help, and scouted further up the island to the boat launch, where we could smell fuel from the wreckage.’
- ‘Using Fred's book as a starting point, likely looking areas were noted as well as access points and boat launches.’
- ‘State wildlife and fisheries departments also distribute litter bags to boat owners at boat launches.’
- ‘Pike protection laws are almost universally ignored despite signs at every boat launch.’
- ‘The next regrouping was on a sheltered boat launch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.