One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place for launching a boat; a slip.‘there is a concrete boat launch near the southern end of the lake’
- ‘They paddled about 4 miles to the South Windsor town boat launch for a rest stop.’
- ‘The lighthouse is located in a Michigan State Park and the site includes a public boat launch.’
- ‘The first section of the leg was a gravel road about 8 K to the boat launch along the Smoky River.’
- ‘Pike protection laws are almost universally ignored despite signs at every boat launch.’
- ‘The next regrouping was on a sheltered boat launch.’
- ‘Using Fred's book as a starting point, likely looking areas were noted as well as access points and boat launches.’
- ‘The community rallied around to help, and scouted further up the island to the boat launch, where we could smell fuel from the wreckage.’
- ‘It's the only public (free) boat launch left in the city.’
- ‘State wildlife and fisheries departments also distribute litter bags to boat owners at boat launches.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.