One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having satisfied the requirements for board certification.
- ‘All specimens were sampled from the shoulder blade areas by a board-certified dermatologist, and they were interpreted by a board-certified dermatopathologist.’
- ‘This trend reflects the safety of many procedures and the expertise of board-certified plastic surgeons to conduct them in their accredited office-based surgical facilities.’
- ‘A board-certified orthopaedic surgeon performed an arthrogram on two randomly selected specimens after testing to verify catheter placement and determined that the desired placement was achieved in both specimens.’
- ‘All referrals were initially examined by 1 of 3 board-certified pathologists.’
- ‘The largest fraction of physicians was board-certified in both pulmonary diseases and critical care medicine.’
- ‘Results of a survey on liposuction safety covered 94,000 liposuction procedures performed by board-certified plastic surgeons.’
- ‘This data, combined with the annual survey sent to more than 17,000 board-certified physicians in specialties most likely to perform plastic surgery, results in the most comprehensive census on plastic surgery procedures.’
- ‘Data was collected prenatally and at the first four birthdays until the children were 6 and 7 years old, when they underwent a clinical evaluation by a board-certified allergist.’
- ‘Since most lay hypnosis associations have reciprocity agreements, he says, it was a snap getting Zoe board-certified by two other credentialing organizations.’
- ‘Is the doctor board-certified in the specialty?’
- ‘The core training of a real plastic surgeon who is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery is usually a minimum of four years in general surgery, then additional - that's after medical school.’
- ‘That may mean a trip to an orthopedist or board-certified podiatrist (some chiropractors have certification, too) to determine your stride, gait style and footwear needs (on and off the bike).’
- ‘A board-certified pathologist who specializes in lung pathology, who was blinded to all clinical information and the nature of the investigation, examined each of the resected specimens.’
- ‘Maintenance of certification, which is required of all board-certified physicians in the United States, is intended to continuously measure the competency of practicing physicians in every specialty.’
- ‘The medical and surgical ICUs are closed units with dedicated multidisciplinary health-care teams led by board-certified critical care specialists directing patient medical care.’
- ‘Veterinarians and pet owners needing advice reach a staff of 16 veterinarians (including four board-certified veterinary toxicologists) and six certified veterinary technicians.’
- ‘In complex situations, additional expertise may be sought from board-certified occupational medicine physicians, toxicologists or epidemiologists.’
- ‘The specific and nonspecific treatment plans were developed by an assessing acupuncturist and were administered by four board-certified acupuncturists, not including the assessing acupuncturist.’
- ‘As a result, most board-certified surgeons also shy away from issuing Christmas gift certificates.’
- ‘All radiographs were read by a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon and a musculoskeletal-trained board-certified radiologist.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.