One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Mix (clay or other materials) with water in a revolving apparatus, for use in ceramics.
blend, mingle, combine, put together, stir, jumble, mergeblend, mingle, combine, put together, stir, jumble, mergeView synonyms
- ‘I break up the clay vessel and take the fragments and blunge them and put them back on the potter's wheel.’
- ‘After the last piece of clay has been put into the blunger, the mix is blunged for two hours.’
- ‘The clay slurry, during the blunging and conditioning operations may include from about 25 to 65% solids.’
- ‘This body is blunged as a slip and dried up to plastic on cloth on the ground and aged for developing plasticity.’
- ‘Crude clays are blunged, sieved and passed over rare earth magnets, then stored in constantly agitated farm tanks.’
Early 19th century: blend of blend and plunge.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.