One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small, lively thrush found in northern Eurasia and Alaska. The male has a blue throat with a reddish spot in the center.
- ‘The fact that the lost and wandering bluethroat could thrill a nation's newspaper readers is a perfect example of hope.’
- ‘Furthermore, in bluethroats, European starlings, and blue tits female choice for males with greater UV reflectance appears to favor structural plumage traits.’
- ‘A lost waif and stray of extraordinary beauty turned up in Aberdeen and made the front page of two national newspapers: a bluethroat looking enchantingly like a robin that had been coloured in wrong.’
- ‘In many passerine species, including bluethroats, male removal results in an overall reduction in food supply.’
- ‘Wagtails and sandpipers squeak and dart amongst the thick glossy hyacinth leaves, and at the muddy edges, bluethroats scuttle this way and that like mice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.