One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of, resembling, or in the style of blues music.‘bluesy guitar riffs’‘the music has gotten warmer and bluesier’
- ‘His style is quite bluesy and completely without inhibition.’
- ‘The stripped-down sounds become bluesy, even emotional.’
- ‘I'd define it as music that is the bluesier side of swing.’
- ‘"Trouble in Mind" is one of the bluesiest tunes recorded by Joplin.’
- ‘This double CD compiles 30 of the bluesiest items from his vast recorded legacy.’
- ‘But even at its bluesiest, his playing remains informed by bebop.’
- ‘They debuted some new material that had a bit of a nice bluesy edge to it.’
- ‘The veteran composer helps the film a great deal with his smoky, bluesy score.’
- ‘By 1964, he had moved away from rock and roll to a bluesier, jazzier sound.’
- ‘Her voice is honeyed, youthful, and too high-pitched in the bluesier numbers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.