One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An edible North American freshwater fish of the sunfish family, with a deep body and bluish cheeks and gill covers. It is popular with anglers.
Lepomis macrochirus, family Centrarchidae
- ‘Like other sunfish, bluegill have very deep and highly compressed bodies.’
- ‘Stock ponds and reservoirs with mosquito-eating fish such as green sunfish, bluegills, guppies or any surface-feeding minnow.’
- ‘Biologists also are in varying stages of research and replenishment of cobia, speckled trout, tarpon, snook, crappie, bluegill and striped bass stocks.’
- ‘It is a good idea to start fishing for bluegills and redears a few inches off the bottom.’
- ‘It's safe to say that Burke Lake anglers have caught literally tons of bluegills, crappie, largemouth bass and other stocked gamefish since it opened.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.