One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A predatory blue-colored marine fish, which inhabits tropical and temperate waters and is popular as a game fish.
- ‘A lot of small fish will do the job - Spanish mackerel, bluefish - but the preferred bait is the blue runner, also called a hardtail.’
- ‘It also appears that grouper, sea bass, and bluefish have higher mercury levels than previously measured.’
- ‘During my stay I caught plenty of striped bass plus some bluefish and one sea trout.’
- ‘A few weeks after his funeral she had gone to the farmer's market and a young man with dark eyes was selling smoked bluefish, scallops and squid, bottom feeders.’
- ‘I have hauled in three bluefish from off the coast of Massachusetts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.