One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Either of the two blue-colored lines running across the ice between the center line and the goal lines.
- ‘He glides from his bench before the game, superstitiously stepping over the center red line, then the blue line.’
- ‘Late in double-overtime I let go of a shot from outside the blue line.’
- ‘They'll shoot from the blue line and sweep in pucks around the crease.’
- ‘I figured he was just going to chip the puck out over the blue line.’
- ‘Defensemen remained as a staunch back line on the blue line, retreating at the mere sniff of a turnover in possession.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.