One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A variety of corn with bluish grains.
- ‘But nothing - let me repeat, NOTHING - compares to the delights of a blue corn enchilada prepared with queso fresco and smothered in green chile that will leave your lips pleasantly burning and senseless.’
- ‘They'll get a real kick out of eating blue corn chips!’
- ‘Use extra firm tofu, cubed and cooked in a little olive oil, mix with Spanish rice, refried beans, tomatoes, onion, and wrap in blue corn taco shells’
- ‘Serve with a large bowl of blue corn tortilla chips.’
- ‘The Thomases' crop rotation includes soybeans, blue corn, popcorn, wheat and barley.’
- ‘The province of Oaxaca is known for the thinnest; those made in Guadalajara are thick, and the startling colour of blue corn is carefully preserved in tortillas made in the mountains of C. Mexico.’
- ‘The restaurant makes blue corn enchiladas for breakfast.’
- ‘I was going to make nachos too, but unfortunately, time was up - so I just brought a bag of blue corn tortilla chips.’
- ‘First I lay reading on the couch downstairs eating blue corn chips and salsa (highly recommended).’
- ‘Try the blue corn, green chile enchiladas smothered in a thick, pungent, sweet-edged green sauce.’
- ‘I buy organic blue corn chips and carrots to snack on at work.’
- ‘Downtown at 7 a.m., well before the tourist town stirs, I'm scarfing a breakfast of red-hot blue corn enchiladas.’
- ‘Serve with carrot sticks, celery sticks or blue corn chips.’
- ‘Here Michael and Jan raise, in no particular order, potatoes, onions, garlic, leeks, sweet corn, blue corn, dry beans, tobacco, winter squash, oats, and wheat.’
- ‘They raise 3 to 5 acres of Indian blue corn, white corn, sweet corn, squashes, dry beans, pumpkins and tomatoes.’
- ‘The Hopi chose an ear of short blue corn, symbolizing a life of hardship, humility, and hardiness, since the short blue corn is the most difficult to harvest successfully but is also the most durable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.