One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cheese containing veins of blue mold, such as Gorgonzola and Danish Blue.
- ‘The other soup choices that day were: mixed vegetables, carrot and cilantro, lentil and bacon, cauliflower and blue cheese, and cream of mushroom.’
- ‘To the pastry add crumbled ricotta cheese, crumbled blue cheese, caramelized onions and the chopped artichoke hearts.’
- ‘I had the pear and cashel blue cheese salad with candied pecans and lemon vinaigrette.’
- ‘A plate of cold cuts, an assortment of olives, nuts, some dried fruit and a tangy chunk of blue cheese is full of flavor.’
- ‘Place the cream, yoghurt, eggs and blue cheese in a food processor and blend briefly, until combined, then season with salt and pepper.’
- ‘Arrange the fennel mixture on the endives and sprinkle with blue cheese and pecans.’
- ‘I add blue cheese and do them bite-size instead, which makes them easier to eat and less likely to sink despondently on cooling.’
- ‘Also absent from the list of toppings are gorgonzola, feta and blue cheeses, fresh garlic, arugula, zucchini and capers.’
- ‘Here I am then, facing a near empty fridge, wondering whether to try and force down blue cheese on toast or a stilton and mayonnaise sandwich, or whether to go without altogether.’
- ‘The burger wasn't life-changing, but it was totally satisfying, served on a good bun with some thin onion rings tossed with crumbled blue cheese.’
- ‘There's a salad with Spanish judion beans and piquant blue cheese, a dish of salty sweet peppers, roast aubergines with a nutty tahini dressing and a pile of crisp spring rolls filled with bean shoots and mint.’
- ‘If you prefer it with more of a kick, use blue cheese instead of parmesan, or stir in a good pinch of garam masala.’
- ‘Grilled flatbread with fresh, roasted figs, a pungent melt of blue cheese and a cap of pleasantly bitter arugula leaves has the appeal of some inspired pizza mutant.’
- ‘If you don't like the assertive flavor of a blue cheese, try Asiago or feta cheese instead.’
- ‘I would much rather eat raisins than, say, blue cheese or insects.’
- ‘Apart from making a small amount of hard cheese and yoghurt to sell locally, blue cheese is the company's mainstay and Louis says a decision will have to be made on whether or not to expand the range.’
- ‘Other dishes included chicken and mushroom puff pastry pie; blue cheese gnocchi; spinach and ricotta cannelloni; and haddock corn and pea pie.’
- ‘To turn this salad into a complete meal, add mozzarella cheese or blue cheese.’
- ‘A roasted pear stuffed with blue cheese and splashed with a port-wine-laced vinaigrette produces an enticingly light beignet.’
- ‘‘We hope this third blue cheese will cement our reputation for excellence in blue cheese making,’ she said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.