One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A law regulating the sale of securities, intended to protect the public from fraud.
- ‘Probably a lot of bucket shop operators had the same reaction to states which passed blue sky laws requiring securities disclosure.’
- ‘New York's legislature was one of the last to pass a blue-sky law, letting through a deliberately enfeebled version.’
- ‘Since bond indentures do not incorporate into themselves provisions of fraudulent, conveyance law, state corporation law, blue-sky law or the law of fraud, violations of these laws do not result in an Event of Default.’
- ‘In the U.S. Kansas was the first state to pass a blue sky law in 1911.’
- ‘By 1933, all but one state had passed blue sky laws; today, all fifty states, the District of Columbia, Guam, and Puerto Rico have blue sky laws in force.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.