One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for Cyanobacteria
- ‘But he warned: ‘Given that over the course of the two billion years that Earth has been producing oxygen, life has for the most part been represented by blue-green algae.’’
- ‘Then there are bacteria and blue-green algae, which differ structurally from higher organisms far more than plants differ from animals.’
- ‘Wading in the lake shallows, they stir up organic matter with their bills, including mollusks and crustaceans and the bird's favorite meal, spirulina, a type of nontoxic blue-green algae.’
- ‘My blood cells are a lot more like a cell from spirulina blue-green algae than they are like a flame, or a light bulb, or a sun.’
- ‘In fact, African flamingos get their pink color from eating a diet super-rich in the pinkish blue-green algae, spirulina.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.