One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A low-growing plant of the borage family that bears bright blue flowers and spreads by means of runners.
Omphalodes verna, family Boraginaceae
- ‘Virginia bluebells, wild sweet William and blue-eyed Mary are never disappointing.’
- ‘For visitors, blue-eyed Marys and Virginia bluebells provide a visual delight in the spring.’
- ‘The wildflower carpet is a spectacular mix of white large-flowered trillium, blue-eyed Marys, bloodroot, hepatica, celandine poppy, dutchman's breeches and squirrel corn.’
- ‘Native plants include wildflowers like camas, chocolate lilies, lupines, blue-eyed Marys and shooting stars, plus lots of native grasses.’
- ‘First they were interspersed in the carpet of blue-eyed Marys and then they formed their own carpet as the terrain sloped up into the highlands.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.