One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See blue blood
- ‘Steve, like many of us, is not a blue-blooded aristocrat but an honest British citizen who loves hunting and enjoys the privilege of riding around the countryside.’
- ‘If you are gearing up to buy the latest premium sports utility vehicle or sedan in the market and feel that you will be the proud owner of a real blue-blooded luxury car, there is news for you.’
- ‘People envied her for her blue-blooded, patrician beauty and her ability to keep her cool under the toughest of situations.’
- ‘Tall, mature, single, blue-blooded aristocrat, seeks tall, mature foxy lady who loves dressing in furs.’
- ‘In 1981, he became the country's fourth prime minister, but the first commoner after a trio of blue-blooded patricians.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.