One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lose one's temper.
- ‘You'd think he would've blown his lid when he realized the chef was downstairs.’
- ‘Thomas didn't help when he blew his lid with seven-tenths of a second left in the third quarter.’
- ‘Some people are just complainers... she's the type to blow her lid if her husband leaves the toilet seat up.’
- ‘I thought my dad was going to blow his lid when the guy came around with the crumb collector.’
- ‘‘I've seen him be patient with things where he would normally blow his lid.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.