Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The testing of a sample of blood to determine an individual's blood group.
- ‘Laboratory tests are performed within a week before surgery and might include a complete blood count, electrolyte levels, blood typing and cross match, and coagulation tests.’
- ‘Women should be offered ABO and Rh blood typing and screening for anemia during the first prenatal visit.’
- ‘The first test that should be done is a blood typing of the pregnant patient to check for Rh factors.’
- ‘To ensure red blood cell compatibility between a donor and recipient, health care providers use ABO blood typing.’
- ‘Advancements in the use of anesthetic agents, infection control, blood typing, and prosthetics saved numerous lives and gave hope to the wounded.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.