One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The testing of a sample of blood to determine an individual's blood group.
- ‘Advancements in the use of anesthetic agents, infection control, blood typing, and prosthetics saved numerous lives and gave hope to the wounded.’
- ‘Laboratory tests are performed within a week before surgery and might include a complete blood count, electrolyte levels, blood typing and cross match, and coagulation tests.’
- ‘To ensure red blood cell compatibility between a donor and recipient, health care providers use ABO blood typing.’
- ‘The first test that should be done is a blood typing of the pregnant patient to check for Rh factors.’
- ‘Women should be offered ABO and Rh blood typing and screening for anemia during the first prenatal visit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.